Wednesday, 15 August 2012

CHELSEA CLINTON MIGHT RUN FOR OFFICE

Chelsea Clinton may follow in her parents' footsteps after all. After years of shooting down rumors that she may run for office, the 32-year-old Clinton left the door open to having another Clinton on the electoral ballots.

"Historically I deliberately tried to lead a private life in the public eye," she said. "And now I am trying to lead a purposefully public life."
The only daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said people have been pestering her about running for office her entire life.
"It was something I had thought a lot about because people have been asking me that my whole life," Clinton said. "Even during my father's 1984 gubernatorial campaign, it was, 'Do you want to grow up and be governor one day?' No. I am four."

At her age, Bill Clinton already held public office, serving as Arkansas attorney general from age 31. But it was not until age 54 that her mom first stepped into elected office as a U.S. senator.