Friday, 9 May 2014

A NIGHT IN A LAGOS PUBLIC TRANSPORT...

When we say Lagos is the Centre of Excellence...I can say categorically that such an adjective reflects in every aspects of me being a Lagosian. Lagos is the State where all the craziness, madness and swag takes place..I am sure I do not need to state or bore you with how Lasgidi operates but this particular incidence really took me by surprise...Please follow me..

For those of you who usually board the long public buses around the Metropolis in Lagos, You would have experienced one or two dramas amongst passengers or with the driver and Bus conductor but my own version was like a scene in our home videos. Silence is actually the best answer for a fool, especially when such a fool is an Illiterate or lacks manners...

I boarded one of the Subsidy Buses and sat at the extreme end of the bus..As we journeyed on, two ladies or aunties came in and sat just in front of me, dressed in the same outfit, with extreme make up and eye lashes and chewed gum like never before..but they actually lapped each other..It is also true they say-Never judge a book by Its cover but I never knew that such a book would be unveiled that very night.

The battle of ''Who curses more'' started when one of the aunties made an attempt to stop another woman from making a move to where she was eyeing to sit, as soon as that passenger wants to alight...Just one reply from that woman landed so much drama which lasted for about 30 minutes..the best of curses filled the air and from there, these two ladies simply unveiled that they were Night workers or should I say Prostitutes....

All attempt by the other lady to calm her friend down was abortive..She was ready to go down there and the other woman did not give up either..talk about washing your dirty linen in public but trust me, these women did not give a hoot about our opinion..The noise was out of this world....Well, It was very obvious the aunties were going for a night out..How did I know?...We should always respect ourselves in a public vehicle.