Wednesday, 1 October 2014

MERCY SAYS NO...I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO...

I should be in the presence of God after writing this inspirational piece...I call it inspirational, even though It is more like a testimony, actually, am inspired to appreciate my life more even if Its Garri Flakes am drinking..This is how my holiday went but thank God I did not end up at the Mortuary or perhaps lying half way to heaven...

I woke up this morning feeling like viewing a film at the cinema but the heavy rain held me back until I left home at 2pm...Sometimes, there are certain signs we do not see but today I realise that God speaks in various forms. The first unknown sign came when I was stocked in a heavy traffic jam and that same public transport developed a fault..I later joined another vehicle so as to meet up with the movie at 5pm.

Now, I really do not like visiting the cinemas or any fun site on a public day in Lagos..You will be amazed at the huge number of people present..It was like a population census is taking place and the cinema was a selected centre...some people even sold out their tickets...This was my first time of joining a queue just to buy a movie ticket, I actually planned to view October 1 but It was sold out and so, I had to go for No Good Deed which featured two great Black Americans-Idris Elba and Taraji Henson...a movie that kept me on the edge of my seat till the end.

Back to the matter...God spared my life today at about 7.30pm..I was at a bus stop waiting for a public transport when a man asked me If I would take a taxi and he was able to agree to a comfortable price which I can afford because there was actually a scarcity of buses going to my route..So, I entered this man's taxi. alongside two other passengers..that means, we shared the total charge but just about 2 minutes after leaving the cinema arena..This man was a fast and furious character..He started swerving to the left and right and was complaining of god knows what...hitting his leg really hard against something.

The victory for me is that the traffic light within that area suddenly turned red and so vehicles must halt..He eventually ran into two exotic vehicle..with an SUV being the major victim of our brake failing. My thought was, what If it was a free road..like the third mainland bridge...I quietly left the scene and walked back to the front of the mall...He found me later and asked that I join him, saying he has fixed the brake...what a question!...Diaris God O! .That was how my holiday went..God speaks to everyone, he cares less about how sinful you are...