Wednesday, 10 December 2014

AMBODE VERSUS AGBAJE; ELECTION OF ALL ELECTIONS COME 2015- THE BROOM OR THE UMBRELLA?

In an earlier publication, I established few notable names that will be running for the number one position in Lagos but presently, Its obvious the battle is between two personalities; Jimi Agbaje of the Peoples Democratic Party and Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress..These two emerged winners from their respective primaries and we must acknowledge all other candidates who came out to contest but I guess these are just the most preferred personalities that Lagos needs to move its state forward, a matter that will be settled at the polls in 2015.

Jimi Agbaje is a Pharmacist by training and has decided to pitch a tent with Peoples Democratic Party to run for the number one position..As we all know, Mr. Jimi Agbaje had earlier in 2007 made an attempt at becoming Governor but all of that is in the past now..What speaks for him now is the reputation and charisma most Lagosians are attracted to. Can he continue from where Governor Fashola stops? Is he reliable enough to rule the centre of excellence considering the attitude most Lagosians have towards the Umbrella Family, perhaps, they have a better agenda than the APC...Well, all that matters when we take our time to know what is best for us, our children, family and Lagos.

There are several comments about the credibility of Jimi Agbaje under the Peoples Democratic Party because he must always obey the ''Fathers'' behind his victory If he becomes Governor but are we saying Ambode will also operate based on his own agenda or the laid down rules of the mighty weights of the party..I really do not see either of them operating Lagos on their own standards..My interest lies in the continuity of the immense work Governor Fashola has started..I really do not care about the power play of both parties but the legacy of our mega city must be sustained.


Akinwunmi Ambode is one candidate that has the leadership quality no doubt; let me run you through a little profile I found on a website dedicated for his campaign I presume..I must say his publicists are doing a great job...Akinwunmi Ambode was a former Accountant General of Lagos State, held many financial positions in his 27 years in the Lagos State Civil Service and so I assume he once worked under Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he was Governor of Lagos...He is an accountant, administrator and a public finance management expert.

Do we sit on the platform that he knows the system well?, he has been there and done that..he knows the process and so let us just assume he is a better choice as Governor? considering the party he will be running from but It is not about all of these alone..I believe the best strategy now is to have these two battle it away in a live televised debate where they will both express their desire to be true leaders in our present democratic dispensation.

On the other hand, I would want the deserving choice to concentrate more on the interiors of Lagos; there are some areas Governor Fashola has not covered or perhaps more needs to be done but I am actually happy about these choices...Another deciding factor will be their choice of running mates and I see Honourable Abike Dabiri-Erewa running alongside Akinwunmi Ambode, which will boldly give the APC their victory but am sure a female will also run alongside Agbaje.

When the best man wins under a smooth, free and fair election, It will set a standard for true democratic process all over the country..where the people's choice matters and not imposing anyone on the people..Let us all go out and get our voters card at all cost and put in the best candidate..I have not decided where I stand because I have heard various analysis about the two candidates but I actually know where I stand deep inside me...above all, Lagos must move forward as we cannot allow all standards to be compromised by anybody..#EkoOniBaje