Saturday, 20 December 2014

HAVE A ''NOELISTIC'' CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY...

We are at that period of the year when a lot of us shop till we drop..I do recall that the website of one of the biggest online store in Nigeria crashed due to a ''black Friday'' syndrome. It is also the period when a lot of us expect a ''13th month Salary'' scheme and not forgetting those of us who have been saving via micro-finance, thrift and all other schemes...The goal is to have a merry Christmas celebrations full of turkeys. fishes, may be pock or guinea fowl and It is absolutely a great feeling when you look back to how the year has been for you...some rough, others smooth but being alive gives you that ultimate joy...

However, there are some others who are presently in the hospital and I do not need to emphasize their state of health because a visit round the various wards at most hospitals would give you a reason to be thankful that you can walk with your legs, hold a glass of water with your hands...some of these people never planned to be in that state but do you know they are also grateful that their body is not laid six feet in the ground...

What do I mean by a ''Noelistic'' Christmas Holiday?; It is great gathering all the menu you need for this season and am sure your immediate family will be so grateful that their brother, aunt, cousin, father and mother made such a plan...but what about those who cannot afford to buy something tangible for the festive season?..Why don't you make something out of this holiday by making someone happy and thereby sowing a seed for the new year.

This is not only the time to count your blessings and naming them one after the other..It is also the time to show a little kindness...This is not only the time to ''shokirize'' yourself but also shock that person who thinks little of you...It is about good tidings, good love, good sharing amongst ourselves..Your kindness this season might just stop that person from committing suicide. Do we actually know why some of us are continually blessed?...perhaps you have been using that blessing well to the favour of others.

If you have always been a blessing to others, I guess this is just a motivational commendation for you to do more but If you have never lifted a dime out of your wallet to assist someone..please use this season and reflect on the conditions of others,,,remember, It is not permanent and trust me, there is no good feeling about it if the table turns around..

I would also love to appreciate everyone across the world who takes time out of their schedule to read my posts..It means a lot when I get good reviews about my publication and I hope to improve in the coming year..To those who are part of my career development, I say a big thank you for the everyday opportunity given to me to prove my worth...To my friends on and off the social media, I also say thank you for supporting the continual existence of this blog...