Saturday, 7 March 2015

ALL ABOUT THE DRAMA IN 2015 AFRICAN MAGIC VIEWERS CHOICE AWARDS...

Its been a month since I visited my own blog and there is absolutely no excuse for not updating so far...but thanks to the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015, I was inspired to share how I feel about this prestigious African ceremony. I was very lucky to catch the event live on African Magic and I was thrilled, upset and also happy because It was a night for young generations and I think Its a great step to developing the industry.

I want to start by acknowledging the following personalities for their brilliant outfit; Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Kunle Afolayan, Oge Okoye and Kate Henshaw blew me away for being yellow with a little touch of Ankara print. However, I do love Mabel Makun's ballroom dress but the drama involved in carrying all of that as she followed her husband to receive his award for ''30 Days in Atlanta'' just got me bored and she was very shy on stage...was she forced to accompany her husband?.

To another serious matter; when I watched the Oscars this year, It was rare to see colleagues or friends accompanying award recipients to the stage...I was wondering what Eniola Badmus and Mide Funmi Martins was doing on stage when they do not have anything doing there because the cameras give us a different interpretation of their presence...Even when Beyonce won a great award at the MTV Awards recently, she only kissed her hubby before heading for the stage...and to Mr. Tayo Faniran of the Big Brother Fame, I am sure you rehearsed for your presentation and you just got carried away with the fame and forgot you have to acknowledge nominees before announcing a winner..Thank God you got control back..

The AMVCA should be applauded for being well organized; good lighting and sound, the various presenters were very behaved except for few excessive sense of humor that did not come out well...and the various winners were quite deserving especially October 1 which got Best Actress in a Drama/Movie(Kehinde Bankole), Best Director(Kunle Afolayan), Best Film amongst others..My best win of the event was Best Supporting Actor, Blossom Chukwujelu...

It was an event filled with glitz, glamour and grace..and quite emotional for some of the recipients...I know some will call it Africa's Oscar...well, you could be right based on the standard of the ceremony..My best award presenters of the event would be Nigerian Actors, Funmilola Aofiyebi Raimi and Ali Nuhu and not forgetting Funke Akindele; she always knows how to get us laughing...