Friday, 1 January 2016

REMINISCING INTO 2015...

If there was a court for suing irregular blogging, I would be found guilty and there is nothing the jury, presiding judge or even my attorney can do to save me...I actually enjoy writing and blogging but i slowed down completely last year...I would not want to sulk about the challenges involved but rather pick up myself and get started again...for the better this time. 2015...What a year! I believe a lot of people from my part of the world would indulge a lot of their New Year's Eve with God praying for a better year...economically.

I am not here to give the principles of an ideal economy or predict what the economy would be like for Nigerians, Africa and the entire world but let you feel how beautiful life can be...If for anything, I have not been sacked from work but rather I have been promoted and It comes with more commitment to the job...The key to the success at my career in 2015 was 'TEAM WORK'...I have the best of colleagues who critique constructively and are always ready to help and the joy comes when we all sit down together and consume lots of fried or roasted yam with kpomo, noodles, spirits, which I do not drink often as my 'liver' to consume is nothing compared to others.

2015 would be in record for the successful completion of my degree programme in Mass Communication...It is from an institution that has a controversial image but I will be a fool to say that I was not given the best of lectures from a Nigerian University...I am proud to say that It was worth my time studying Mass Communication at the Lagos State University...Going to school is just a foundation but who you become on the outside world is based on the effective utilization of what you were taught...The likes of Music Icon, Tuface Idibia, Supermodel, Oluchi, Football Star, Austin Okocha and many more did not go to Harvard but look at who they are today....

I had good and bad relationships with people in 2015 but each one had a lesson to be learnt...interestingly, the more you understand people, the better your relationship with them and everything still points back at you...Who am I?...How well do I understand myself...?  The more you crosscheck and respect yourself, the better your level of perception by the society...I cannot take away my fun moments in 2015...I appreciate the Nollywood industry and am actually referring to those who are committed to producing and directing quality films...I did not regret spending my time and money viewing some films at the cinema; from Out of Luck, A Soldier's Story, Taxi Driver to Gbomo Gbomo...but please pop corns are too expensive at Nigerian Cinemas in Lagos...Its just corn and freaking sugar or salt...

2015 had me busy with lots of Television Series; Empire, How to Get Away with Murder, Orange is the New Black, Scandals, Game of Thrones...I do not need to open a chapter on what makes these series interesting and captivating...some people say they are overrated but I care less...Me love Me series any day anytime...and for personalities in the music scene within Nigeria, I must give credit to Olamide and Yemi Alade as they are my Artiste of the year 2015...I do not need to check their bank details for profit but their level of productivity and music consciousness across the continent of Africa was overwhelming...

I can go on forever but I am thankful, grateful, blessed for the year 2015...many passed on during the year and even before the New Year..I lost a friend at the very close of the year...I am not better of but such is life and we must embrace the reality that death can struck at any time and so let me restate my thoughts I used on Facebook again..I will admonish us not to make resolutions but commence this new year with an open mind guided by prayer and commitment to a vision...now, your vision can be your career, making a family or even be more responsible to yourself....find yourself this year and be a better you...