Saturday, 2 January 2016

THE HEADIES - DRAMA, GOOFS AND THE IRRELEVANCES...

Just before I slept last night, I decided to flip through some channels on the television and I stumbled into the Headies...which we know as The Hip Hop World Awards back then and I decided to stay glued and see how interesting it would be....Honestly, I was disappointed from the start, perhaps, I t would have been better if I was bored...I asked myself...Was that the Kaffy dancing or wait a minute...Is this a rehearsal for the main show but again, I had to look very well that It is a live show. Now, let me start my strokes from Kaffy; She needs to go back to a work plan, a drawing board, a school or something...my eyes had enough view of uncoordinated routines...I do respect and appreciate her contributions over the years but please....

The next on my list is Mister Okechukwu Ukeje who came out to present an award alongside newly wedded Lillian Esorona Franklin...He went lame by dropping the cliche script of seeking Ubi's permission to kiss his wife in films...I do not know if these award presenters are guided on what to say, when to say and how to say...We all watch International music and movie awards...that was lame for me and the camera close up shot on Ubi did not seem friendly at all...

The eccentric and crazy Denrele did not get my pass...What exactly happened to him or Niyola did not just fit into his element of show biz 'madness'...His drama was quite excessive and perhaps he needs to really flip his script as a comedian.

When you think some celebrities would behave...they just flip the script. Congrats to Korede Bello for his Best Pop single win for the song 'GodWin' but why on earth should Dr Sid join him on stage if he was not invited...Yes, he is family but that was a moment for that little chap and you just stood right behind him there as what...well, the camera saw you and thanks for coming and whispering into ears for a mention...

For a 10th edition of a notable brand like this, I must believe that proper production plan went into how the stage and winners would be managed in the course of transmission but behold, it seemed messy...celebrities were moving emerging from various points to the stage...When i actually taught Vector was not around to receive his award...and here he was showing on stage from no where. Olamide and his crew also came from several angles..the camera was on Lil Kesh for a long while following him to the stage and I taught Olamide was busy somewhere or even absent until he emerged from another angle...what happened to sitting close to each other...

I would stay mute on the Olamide Don Jazzy matter because Its just another PR stunt...there are several modes of seeking attention among celebs in Nigeria and I do hope they get what they are looking for...Don Jazzy is a father of many children and Is this the legacy you want little Korede to follow because Dr Sid will surely follow, so will Di Ja and Madam Tiwa and Mr. Olamide is a father biologically and musically too...Get into the studio and transmit your beefs into songs for us to dance to and learn from.

I must congratulate Timi Dakolo for his effort on Wish me well which earned him two awards...Olamide actually actually deserved the artiste of the year but was 'Ojuelegba' actually a song of the year, I guess the organizers know better...and they also know better I guess by giving Aramide the female vocal performance over Simi...but thank you for the Hall of Fame to Africa's Biggest music export, Tuface 'Tubaba' Idibia, It is a great honouring that humble icon while alive, active and relevant...away from that, I am sure some people were not forced to get a sit at the events because boredom was written all over some faces. Bryan Bryan Okwara...that style did not just click right in my head...you want attention I get it but It was just awkward for me seeing you in that.

Well, I believe the awards has truly leaved by Its theme- Flip the Script...Watch out for so many flipped script in the industry; friends will be flipped, lyrics will be flipped and so on but as usual...the social media will always be there waiting to help them script their flip mode...